CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sean's "Imaginary?" Friend

We think Sean has an imaginary friend. We say think, because his friend's name is Grandpa. Sadly, Sean hasn't had very many opportunities in the past few years to meet his grandpas. He saw one last year briefly, but that was it. The other many grandpas that he has, haven't seen him since he was really little. Still, we talk about his grandpas often, so we were a bit surprised to hear certain facts about his grandpa that didn't quite mesh with what we know about his real grandpas.

For example, Sean's grandpa does not like green beans, broccoli or any other vegetable that Sean does not like. He lives far away, but he likes to make snowballs, snowmen, and play outside. His grandpa has a six year old brother, too. =) Now, I know a grandpa that does not like veggies, but I do have to say that none of his grandpas have a six year old brother.

We have enjoyed Sean's imagination, and it's cute to hear him talk about his grandpa and what he does and does not like to do. We do have one little problem with his grandpa though. The other day, I came upstairs to Kyla's screams to find Sean throwing shoes at her. When questioned as to why he thought this was appropriate, he told me, "My grandpa says it's OK!". Both Grandpa and Sean ended up in time out. =)

FYI: Most of you know that Sean has been sick for quite some time with a chronic cough. In August, he was tested for cystic fibrosis which, thankfully, came out negative. BUT, the cough is still here, so we are back to the pulmonary specialist again. Sean is now on four weeks of aggressive antibiotics. Sinusitis is hard to get rid of in small children, so we are hoping that it is the cause of his cough. The doctor wants him to have a CT scan on his sinuses, but we are going to wait to see if the cough comes back after the four weeks of antibiotics (which it has before). Asthma may be the case, but Sean never responds to asthma therapy nor has any wheezing. It could also be reflux. If not any of those, then we will have to explore other options which include looking at cystic fibrosis again (apparently the test can be done wrong) as well as another disease that causes the hair in his nasal passages to not work. Neither of these diseases are very good. Please be praying for my little boy so aptly named "God's wonderful gift of grace".

2 comments:

Patriot said...

I just said a prayer for Sean. I prayed that God would give you and his doctors wisdom in the decision-making processes. I also prayed that you would all feel a sense of peace. I also pray that Sean would come to know and trust in His Savior, and that the name of Jesus Christ would be given all praise and glory throughout the many years of Sean's beautiful life! All in Jesus' name, AMEN!

Suzanne said...

Laurie, I LOVE the Grandpa thing. That is awesome. That is definitely something worth remembering forever!! I hope you are able to start getting some answers as to what is going on. We are keeping him in our prayers.