CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

I've been tagged....now what do I do?

OK, my friend Suzanne and the ONLY person who comments on any of my blogs tagged me with the instructions to tell seven things about myself that I have yet to post. Since I have only posted a handful of posts, this should be fairly easy. Soooo, hmmmm, let's see....


1) I keep my microwave on top of my fridge. I love it. I could never find a good spot for the lousy thing until I saw my friend Suzette had put hers up there. Yes, I know, this may be easier fo rme, because I am five-ten, but, to my defense, Suzette is only five-four. Of course, she uses a step stool, and it was really her six foot plus husband's idea....but still, it's nice.


2) I am allergic to quaternium-15 and formaldehyde and therefore any formadehyde-releasing preservative. Most of you would say so? Or what's quaterniwhat? Or maybe even, well I guess disecting frogs is out for her (which I did in tenth grade by the way). BUT, if you check the ingredients of your baby wipes, most of you will find quaternium-15 in the ingredients or check your baby shampoo or any shampoo for that matter. If there isn't quaternium, there is probably a formadelhyde releasing preservative. *Sigh* Anyway, it does make it difficult to find shampoo to use (Clairol Herbal Essence) or soap, and if I use any "bad" stuff my hands break out and they get pretty dry.


3) I love amazon. Things are expensive here in Hawaii (five dollars for a gallon of milk on base, eight dollars off) and forget ever trying to get anything shipped here. The shipping is usually the same price as the item purchased. Enter amazon. At Amazon.com, if you spend $25 your shipping is free. They have tons and tons of things from movies, toys, and electronics to the Cetaphil hand cream that I purchase to help my hands to not be so dry. Plus, over Christmas, my items purchased from them were sent to me by second day air to guarantee they'd make it by Christmas. I have no doubt that the shipping cost more than my items that were at least fifty percent off. =)


4) I can't mention amazon without mentioning Craigslist. Craiglist.org is an online yard sale. You can sell or buy pretty much anything including getting rid of stuff for free. They have a site for pretty much every city. It's nice for me, because many people are moving from Hawaii and sell their stuff cheap rather than pay for it to be shipped over. I've even sold stuff on too. Yeah Craigslist!! =)


5) My husband wrote me a song to ask me to marry him. He got down on one knee right there in the snow (we lived near Buffalo, NY at the time), placed headphones on my head and pressed play. It is by far the most romantic thing he has done, although buying a dozen roses, having them individually wrapped, and placing each one with a little poem in various spots throughout the day (including driving to my job with three kids) is a close second. I adore him, although I think that has already been said. =)


6) I do not like nonfiction. I am an avid reader, and can finish a fiction book in one day (if I ignore all that I need to do which is usually the case when I start to read....I don't read as much as I used to...(If you get a chance read The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I had to put the thing down and go hug my hubby), but I just can't get into nonfiction. Even biographies are hard.


7) I am a South Beach junky. In July, I first started the diet. There are three phases. Phase One is where you eliminate all fruits and breads (carbs) our of your diet for two weeks. Sounds hard, I know, but it cures you of any carb cravings that you have. I didn't even crave chocolate after the two weeks!! Phase Two is basically eating healthy (think whole wheat stuff and fruit). I lost twenty-five pounds in two months, but gained ten back over Christmas ( You would not believe how many cookies I ate.) Went back on it this past two weeks and off are the ten pounds. This time, I will stay away from the cookies.....well most of them. =)



OK, there it is. Thanks Suzanne for the tagging.


Hugs to all,

Laurie

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Awesome, Laurie! I love the roses thing. Fun! And good for you on southbeach.
FYI, I blogged for a year before anyone ever commented. It will catch on. Mostly the ones who comment are the ones who blog, too. I love blogging. I wish I could get everyone I know to do it so my virtual neighborhood would be as big as a city. Anyway. I'm glad to know about Amazon.