CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Whaling Good Time

Aloha! We are down to just a few months or weeks depending on the Army, so we decided to start hitting the tourist spots of Oahu. Yes, I know, nothing like procrastinating right? What can I say? We did have a baby the first year we were here....that should count for something....shouldn't it?

Anyway, we had a great time on our whale watch. Although we did not see the whales "jumping" out of the water, they did come awful close to our boat. Here are a few pics of our little adventure.

This is probably the best picture we got. We also have video which Jamie tells me is better. I did not see these whales as I was in getting lunch with Joshua. Jamie said that he has video of a mother whale swimming with her baby. I suppose you'll have to come to Virginia to see those as we still have a video camera with Hi-8 tape. =)
This is beautiful Honolulu from our boat.
Here is a picture of Diamondhead which we climbed with the kids (and without a while ago. It is a 3/4 mile hike up a mountain with some pretty steep stairs. The kids did a great job.

This last picture is of us all TRYING to eat our meal. Let's just say that Jamie is fairly glad that he didn't join the Navy, and I will not be booking any dinner cruises for the family anytime soon.

All in all, it was a great time and seeing the whales swim around......well, the pictures don't do the memory justice.

1 comments:

Suzanne said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like so much fun...and you are TAN, girl! You guys look great. Too bad we are barely missing eachother, I think our kids would have fun doing this kind of thing with your kids. =)