My husband, Jamie, said the most romantic thing to me yesterday. It had been a rough afternoon and for you to understand rough, I must explain.....
1. Her highness, Ms. Kyla, decided napping was optional and after two different times of trying to get her to sleep, I gave up. This meant that around three she became extremely cranky (Think Godzilla in a two year old's body) and needed to be held all the time which was difficult due to the next statement.
2. To get Kyla to go to sleep, one must sit in front of her room for around ten minutes. This will keep her in her room (Kyla is an accomplished Houdini, nothing except another human a.k.a mom can make her stay in her room.) and hopefully will get her to fall asleep.
Sooo, Josh gets out of school early on Wednesdays which is nice, because Sean USUALLY gets in less trouble with him around. Soooo, I left them downstairs expecting them to play quietly (which they did) and stay out of trouble (which they didn't).
Anyway, I come downstairs after unsuccessfully putting my daughter to sleep and find my two boys in the bathroom making a concoction in the sink that I have yet to figure out the purpose. This lovely little recipe consisted of enough water to fill the sink, all the soap that was in TWO soap dispensers, I believe, a half roll of paper towels, and some toilet paper. Oh yes, and DIRT. Sound messy? The wall of the bathroom had mud smeared down it, the floor was wet and dirty, and the sink looked well muddy. Josh, who is holding a blue piece of paper which I will get to later, immediately blames Sean. Sean who is elbow deep in the muddy bubbly water simply smiles. I tell Sean that it would be in his best interest to get upstairs as quickly as he can. He takes my word for it and runs upstairs, although not quick enough for me to notice his used to be white shirt now covered with mud stains. I then explain to Josh that this is one of those things that he will hold equal responsibility for and that he better scurry into the garage and do some major cleaning.
Long story short, we spent the next two hours cleaning the bathroom, the garage, and anything else that I could think of that needed cleaning by my "sweet" little cooks.
As always, cleaning is just the highlight of my life.....right next to root canals, so you can imagine my mood when my hubby came home. After hearing the above account of my afternoon, he said the most romantic thing. He asked me if I'd like him to take the kids and go pick up some chicken for dinner from Popeye's. *Sigh* He is such a romantic. =)
By the way, the blue paper had a little checklist of various objects created by my oldest son who said it wasn't his idea. Here's a pic of this recipe. Did I mention that there was so much dirt that it clogged the sink up, and I needed (with Josh and Sean's help) to scoop out the water with a coffee can?
One more thing, my hubby also bought me a very nice necklace, bracelet, and earrings which he presented to me after the kids had gone to bed. Very romantic, but just not as romantic as that box of chicken. =)
Thursday, April 3, 2008
The most romantic words....
Posted by Laurie at 1:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Holy moly. I don't even know what to say. It sounds so much like my boys! Jacob is the one who is so much more likely to concoct something in the sink, and Chandler would be the one making up a recipe. Although, thank goodness they haven't thought of that one yet! Wow.
...and good job Jamie!
...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the family picture. I can't even believe Kyla has ponytails. How adorable is that? Where is MY girl??? You all look great.
I just love it when Jason says things like that to me. My favorite is, "I'll pick Jorden up from school today." That's because for once someone else besides me can hear about her shenanigans.
Post a Comment