CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our new house

I am sitting outside Kyla's room......almost makes me feel like I am in Hawaii again. Anyway, since I can't unpack the LAST remaining box in my house (don't get excited, all the stuff in the boxes have been transferred to any open space (mainly the floor) in the house), I decided to post some pics. These are pics of before we actually had the house, so they were taken rather quickly. I'll take other pics when I find my camera and some time. =)

Our living room. This was taken very quickly, so sorry about the glare.
These two pics are of our family rooms. The white room is a converted garage and is right off the dining room. Our futon is in there as well as my treadmill and the kids' foosball table. There is also a laundry room off this room which is now Jamie's practice room and laundry room. The darker room is off the kitchen and is huge. And yes, that is a wood stove of which I have no idea how to operate, but I am sure my family will have no problem teaching me when they come to visit. =)


This is my kitchen. It is without a dishwasher, but we have since added a portable one compliments of our landlord. =)


OK, so those are the main rooms with the exception of the dining room.(At the time, all the rooms were white with wood floors and bare. You can picture it fairly well. There is a hallway off the living room where the bedrooms and hallway bathrooom are. We painted my room, but the kids got to pick out wall decals for their rooms. The living room and dining room have been painted, and I will post pics after I get curtains and pics up. =) I also need to get a pic of he front and the back as well. Miss you guys!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice house. Can't wait to see how it looks now. We have a wood stove too, which neither Randy nor I know how to operate. I have found that it makes a nice surface for burning candles or displaying a vase of flowers. ;) Glad to hear you're settling in. Hope Kyla is feeling better.

Barbara said...

Looks very nice! We're still in the hunt for our new house. The search isn't going well. Decent houses in Fayetteville do not come easy unless you want to pay about $150,000 (which will not happen!). Glad you're getting settled.

Suzanne said...

I love all the room! What fun to be settling into the perfect house. Sounds like things are moving right along for you all. =) Are you sick of cardboard and paper yet? Gotta love those military moves.
(We finally made it to Kua Aina today, and Matsumotos--we didn't get beans).

Leza said...

Laurie. I love your new house. Isnt it great to finally live in something that you know is your to keep? I'm so happy for you guys. I'm so thankful the Lord brought you all to your destination safely and now you can embark on your new adventure as home owner. We miss you in church. Keep us posted on life's blessings!
Leza